Download our Grandparent Workshop poster from here (opens in a new window)
Workshop for grandparents who are caring for their grandchild/ren
To look at issues that arises when caring for your grandchild/ren.
Issues such as:-
- Role, Responsibilities, and Rights of Grandparents
- Support, How to access support
- Child Protection Laws pertaining to grandparents
- Role Models
- Rewards, the way forward
Support and advice will be offered to those who need it.
Aims and objectives
The group will be participant led. The issues will be theirs to bring to the group. The topics will be served as a guideline as to what will be discussed. Issues such as:-
- What are your Roles, Rights and Responsibilities as grandparents
- Support network, theirs and their children/grandchild
- Child Protection Laws pertaining to grandparents, how to access it
- Role Models, Cultural Values, Cultural Pride
- To meet, socialize and make friends with other grandparents
It is hoped that these grandparents will be aware of how to :-
- Access support through various organisations
- What it means to be a grandparent
- Better understanding of themselves re their Roles, Responsibilities and Rights
At the beginning and the end of the workshop monitoring forms will be given to the participants to ascertain how much they have learned.
Evaluations forms will be given to participants to be completed at the end of sessions.
Recruitment will be done via posters and leaflets at Doctors surgeries, clinics, community centres, libraries, radios and other organisations supporting grandparents.
Any grandparent can attend these workshops free of charge but there are limited places available.
Child care will be provided.
Other Services/training Offered
Strengthening Families Strengthening Communities
Life Skills for teenagers